Responsible employers and companies will have a Equal Opportunities Policy document giving details of their commitment to equality for all in their workplace.
Equal Opportunities Policy
The policy statement should list in plain English details of how the policy will be implemented, areas of work where it will be applied to and also how often it will be reviewed.
The statement of policy should be comprehensive and as a minimum it should mention the following points:
- your recruitment policy and job advertising
- how you train your workers and what you offer them
- promotion in your company
- how your deal with grievances, victimisation and disciplinary matters
- monitoring performance, targets and record keeping
- code of practise expected of employees
To view a example of a typical equal opps policy click below.
Template of a Equal Opportunities Policy